The USA has given Ukraine a new $2.5 billion military aid package. This is reported by the official website of the Pentagon.
It contains hundreds of armored vehicles, critical support for Ukraine’s air defense, and other important capabilities including:
- Additional munitions for National Advanced Surface-to-Air Missile Systems (NASAMS);
- Eight Avenger air defense systems;
- 59 Bradley Infantry Fighting Vehicles (IFVs) with 590 TOW anti-tank missiles and 295,000 rounds of 25mm ammunition;
- 90 Stryker Armored Personnel Carriers (APCs) with 20 mine rollers;
- 53 Mine Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicles (MRAPs);
- 350 High Mobility Multipurpose Wheeled Vehicles (HMMWVs);
- 20,000 155mm artillery rounds;
- Approximately 600 precision-guided 155mm artillery rounds;
- 95,000 105mm artillery rounds;
- Approximately 11,800 120mm mortar rounds;
- Additional ammunition for High Mobility Artillery Rocket Systems (HIMARS);
- 12 ammunition support vehicles;
- 6 command post vehicles;
- 22 tactical vehicles to tow weapons;
- High-speed Anti-radiation missiles (HARMs);
- Approximately 2,000 anti-armor rockets;
- Over 3,000,000 rounds of small arms ammunition;
- Demolition equipment for obstacle clearing;
- Claymore anti-personnel munitions;
- Night vision devices;
- Spare parts and other field equipment.
As previously reported, representatives of the ministries of defense of 9 countries signed the Tallinn Declaration, which provides for large-scale military assistance to Ukraine.