The Antonov company is already engaged in the construction of the An-225 Mriya aircraft instead of the one destroyed by the occupiers in Hostomel. Bild reports this on November 7 with reference to General Director of the Antonov state-owned enterprise Yevhen Havrylov.
"The work is being carried out in a secret place. The second An-225 will be provided with both new parts and parts of the damaged aircraft", - Antonov's director general told.
He also told that the second Mriya is already 30% ready. The total cost of the work is estimated at 500 million euros, and Leipzig/Halle International Airport is helping to raise money for this. It is there that the Antonov Airlines is temporarily based.
Updated at 01:30. The official Twitter account of the Antonov state-owned enterprise stated that an inaccuracy had been made. So, at the moment, only design work is underway to build the aircraft. And the figure of 30% actually means that "now there are about 30 percent of the components that can be used for the second sample". And it is too early to talk about the total cost of the work.
Let us recall that earlier, the Antonov state-owned enterprise had denied the information about the alleged disposal of the Mriya aircraft.