No ceasefire violations were recorded in the area of the Joint Forces Operation on May 19, - the JFO headquarters reported. At the same time, the Ukrainian side of the JCCC reported the next gross violations by the armed formations of the Russian Federation and its mercenaries. According to the OSCE SMM report dated 18 May, the Mission continues to record the facts of systematic obstruction of the work of patrols and UAV flights of the SMM in the temporarily occupied territories. In particular, the Mission's UAVs are systematically obstructed as a result of signal jamming during previously announced planned flights. The Mission has recently documented more than 10 such cases. In addition, the occupiers continue to equip and expand the existing defensive positions towards the contact line. Thus, the Ukrainian side of the JCCC reported that the occupiers carried out excavation engineering work using engineer ammunition near the settlement of Pisky on May 19 to create new fortifications in the direction of location of the forward positions of units of the Armed Forces of Ukraine.
Militants-"reservists" in CADO began to arrive at the so-called "reception points for personnel of the people's militia of the DNR". This was reported by separatist media. The arrivals will be involved in the "training of the DNR civil protection forces". It was also reported that from the collection points, the so-called "DNR reserve soldiers arrive at the reception points for personnel, where the documentation is drawn up, a medical examination is carried out, including testing for coronavirus, and a uniform is provided". They are allegedly offered voluntary vaccination against COVID-19. "Then the reservists leave for training grounds, where they are trained in combat", - the message said. As reported, a control notification was carried out in the occupied territory of Donetsk oblast from 17 to 18 May with the appearance at the pre-assembly points of "people being in reserve and assigned to the military units of the DNR" militants.
Another 289 cases of COVID-19 were detected in the occupied territory of Donetsk oblast over the day. This was reported by the fake "DNR Ministry of Health". In total, as of May 19, there are 36 150 cases of COVID-19 infection in CADO, 3441 patients are being treated (inpatient and outpatient), 2699 people died. 130 cases of pneumonia were detected over the day, which is 8 cases less than in the previous day. Of these, 97 patients were hospitalized. In total, 1764 patients with pneumonia are being treated, of which 715 are on oxygen support (+47 over the day).
Accidents on communication lines are possible in the occupied territory of Donetsk oblast. This was reported by the fake "DNR Communications Ministry". The reasons are bad weather with strong winds and thunderstorms. "Emergencies may arise related to the failure of electrical equipment that is used in communication systems", - the message said.
There are problems with the Internet in the occupied territory of Donetsk oblast. Residents wrote about this in the local segment of social networks. Users reported that the poor quality of the Internet was due to "packet loss" on a shared channel with Russia's Rostov. "The entire "republic" is again observing problems with the Internet, the so-called packet loss. What do you want? The entire "DNR" is sitting on one nozzle from Rostov…" - local residents wrote. The comments also noted that "some websites have not been opened with Don Apex for several days". It was not reported whether the problems with communication would be eliminated.
Residents of CADO will be able to get to the "DNR resorts" only after receiving special passes. This was announced on a social network by Oleg Morgun, who calls himself the "head of administration" of Novoazovsk. He writes that According to him, "the necessary measures will be taken to equip checkpoints at the entrance to the DNR resort cities". The reaction of residents on social networks was replete with discontent: "Not the government, but the cattle … the people's republic has long since ceased to be the people's one"; @That is, you can freely travel to any other city in the DNR, but here there are special conditions. Or now you can only sit at the place of registration and be conspicuous? I hope I can buy a ticket at least for a tram without special permission"; "Queues and bribes again. Everything for the people";" I am shocked! What is this circus for? It is to show people once again that the authorities can do whatever comes into their heads. To receive more money on this. And at the same time, to drive the people into the stall".
A search for 9-year-old Serhiy Shekhovtsov, a student of secondary school No.50 is underway in occupied Makiivka. This was reported on social networks. They have been looking for a child for more than a day. "He left the house (Proletarske settlement, 9 Svobody St.) yesterday, on May 18, at 16:00 and went to the sports section at the municipal general education institution "Secondary School No.12 of Makiivka "(Makiivka-92, Proletarske settlement, 12a Shkilna St.). The child did not come to training and has not yet returned home", - the message said.